Saturday, December 27, 2008

Heaven...Just A Phone Call Away

Technology is a wonderful thing but I believe it has a stronger hold on us than we would like to admit.

One night while in the arms of my lover, I began to think...about heaven. I asked her if we would still be married in heaven, she says no. For a moment I felt sad, then like a flash flood all these thought ran through my head. What else wont we have or be in heaven. It hit me like a freight train....SHIT! no iPhone in heaven, I panicked....how am i supposed to remember appointments without my calendar on my iPhone...what am I going to do without the yellow pages app!...safari!...my contacts!...FACEBOOK..aaarrrggghhh!!!! Wow, that made me realize how much I depend on some dumb little electronic device to proceed through life. So much so that I felt it had a place with me in heaven.

-Focker Out!

3 comments:

laura said...

at least you were sad about our marriage AND the iphone, not just the iphone.
And, you forgot to mention the happy things about heaven, like being able to see Dog the Bounty Hunter in his tank tops and MC Hammer pants!

TimmyMac said...

Funny stuff! I like the way you think . . .

Here are some things about heaven that make me trepidatious . . . Both wives will be there at the same time (probably dirty dancing with each other at my expense), my mom will be there still whispering about me in Jesus' ear and I'll miss Frank Herbert . . .

Some good things will be . . . No more scorecards from work, I won't feel guilty for not going to the gym and licking the dew from the leaves of the tree of life . . .

digapigmy said...

i remember as a kid kind of panicking thinking that if the rapture occurred before the star wars prequels that i would be pretty unhappy in heaven. once they came out and i was no longer a kid, i asked God why He waited.